the Flight ... meeting Emma
The following was written yesterday on the planeride there -- which was less than wonderful, but I'm a horrible flyer, so, what can I expect! lol
----------------------------------------------
Not the first time I have done this ~ wanting to write my thoughts down, why does is always seem that I write whilst I fly in pivitol moments in my history? I guess I like the space that it offers.
So, I am sitting aboard an airplane, 30-some thousand feet in the air enroute to Minneapolis MN to meet two sisters that I have never seen, and only were aware of in January. How crazy is that??? There have been rare moments as I've been planning for this trip (from the beginning) that I have had glimpses in my soul about what this will be like. What it's going to be like to see a girl who shares my DNA, my real live younger sister. There are moments it terrifies me and moments there is pure joy that sits inside my guts. It will be magnificent and wonderful and very emotional I would guess. I don't think that I can even really comprehend the emotional side of things yet, and truth be told, that is what sort of scares me most. (aside from being up in this airplane, lol)
I don't know really what it's going to be like to see her for the first time, and I think I will prob. Stare long and hard at her for a while -- but hopefully not in a weird way, haha ~ The only thing that is sort of mildly strange about this whole trip is that my Dad remains to be seen. Remains to be met, sometimes because he is so hard to get ahold of, it seems like he is a figment of my imagination. But Emma and Elle keep that in check. It's strange tho, he is a deeply hurt man I think. And I know I need to be patient and just wait.
Jay thinks that this whole trip will be a kick in the butt for my Dad, and in a small way I hope that it is too ~ I really, really want to meet him, I need to have those childhood holes filled. (I guess they sort of have in a way but there is still the emptiness of not meeting yet.)
Do you ever notice that when you see someone that you haven't seen for years (because of distance) that it just seems that you were never apart at all? I've had that experience now, living so far away (by choice) from family ~ I wonder very much how this will feel ~ MEETING someone who I didn't even know was there until this year. A girl (first, the other sister I will meet later) I wonder if it will be strangely familiar, since the same blood flows through our veins and some of the same soul inhabits each of us ~ also too -- how cool that we share the faith -- that alone just makes me smile, for if nothing else in common, we would always have that.
So, I will cherish this time for sure ... Begin to pray and just prepare my heart for this amazing journey that is only just beginning!!
On a quick aside note, I got a great voice mail from my mom this morning -- I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!
Till next blog ~ love, a.
----------------------------------------------
Not the first time I have done this ~ wanting to write my thoughts down, why does is always seem that I write whilst I fly in pivitol moments in my history? I guess I like the space that it offers.
So, I am sitting aboard an airplane, 30-some thousand feet in the air enroute to Minneapolis MN to meet two sisters that I have never seen, and only were aware of in January. How crazy is that??? There have been rare moments as I've been planning for this trip (from the beginning) that I have had glimpses in my soul about what this will be like. What it's going to be like to see a girl who shares my DNA, my real live younger sister. There are moments it terrifies me and moments there is pure joy that sits inside my guts. It will be magnificent and wonderful and very emotional I would guess. I don't think that I can even really comprehend the emotional side of things yet, and truth be told, that is what sort of scares me most. (aside from being up in this airplane, lol)
I don't know really what it's going to be like to see her for the first time, and I think I will prob. Stare long and hard at her for a while -- but hopefully not in a weird way, haha ~ The only thing that is sort of mildly strange about this whole trip is that my Dad remains to be seen. Remains to be met, sometimes because he is so hard to get ahold of, it seems like he is a figment of my imagination. But Emma and Elle keep that in check. It's strange tho, he is a deeply hurt man I think. And I know I need to be patient and just wait.
Jay thinks that this whole trip will be a kick in the butt for my Dad, and in a small way I hope that it is too ~ I really, really want to meet him, I need to have those childhood holes filled. (I guess they sort of have in a way but there is still the emptiness of not meeting yet.)
Do you ever notice that when you see someone that you haven't seen for years (because of distance) that it just seems that you were never apart at all? I've had that experience now, living so far away (by choice) from family ~ I wonder very much how this will feel ~ MEETING someone who I didn't even know was there until this year. A girl (first, the other sister I will meet later) I wonder if it will be strangely familiar, since the same blood flows through our veins and some of the same soul inhabits each of us ~ also too -- how cool that we share the faith -- that alone just makes me smile, for if nothing else in common, we would always have that.
So, I will cherish this time for sure ... Begin to pray and just prepare my heart for this amazing journey that is only just beginning!!
On a quick aside note, I got a great voice mail from my mom this morning -- I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!
Till next blog ~ love, a.
Comments