(a continuation of my last blog about meeting and spending the week with my two sisters in Minnesota, Aug. 15-19)
I spent such good times with both the girls the four days I was there. I told them this morning as we left that I feel like we got to spend about 15 years of good sister times together in about 5 days! We went shopping, I did their make-up, AND their hair, we (well, they) dyed it crazy colors (part of our shopping experience was going to Hot Topic and picking out red, pink and turquoise hair dye, which afterwards during the one thunderstom we had, we dyed colors in the hotel room while watching girl movies and eating subs and getting the shower in my hotel decidedly pink).
 |
| Playing Piano & singing for me ;) I cried! |
 |
| Our shopping date =) |
 |
| "Processing" the dyeing experience, lol |
 |
| Elle helping me get on a horse! |
 |
| And we're up! |
 |
| Capturing the beauty of the countryside |
 |
| Hangin out after dinner, this is actually in the middle of the town ... that's Rogers for you ;) |
 |
| Jumping on the trampoline that night ~ so freakin' fun! |
 |
| Sisters!! Finally =) |
We went out to the ranch that Elle lives at and works and she let me ride a horse (she led, I just sat there and enjoyed but prayed the horse would not get spooked!! I am such a freakin' chicken!) I got to go to their church and listen to Emma play piano (her passion and calling) and they sang for me (which is where I lost it, even now thinking about it I feel like I could cry tears of proud and overwhelmed sister love) We went for walks, I took a TON of pictures.
We chatted too about family. I told them candidly that I wished that Dad would just want to meet me. They assured me that he is pretty emotional and quite shy and it's not that he doesn't want to see me, he's just strange like that . We also talked a bit about Jessie, who is the eldest daughter besides me. I guess she's pretty sore still and doesn't want to ever meet me, which quite seriously is fine with me, but I also shared with Elle and Emma that though I can empathize with how she feels about me, I think she is being very selfish. (Apparently, she doesn't want to hear about their week with me at all, too bad all the pics will be on facebook ~ I'm sure she'll be seeing the shots I tag the girls in) ...
Comments