Sisters, conclusion

Here is the third and final "installment" from my sister visit ~ seems like too long ago now!! I miss them terribly and yet, I know I will see them again soon =)  I love them and I am sooo glad that God made a way for us to meet =)

 ... My last full day there, was spent with Elle almost exclusively. She took me to all the places she loves, the western supply shop (yes, I set foot!) the place her boyfriend works, Cabela's (which was actually pretty amazing ~ It's a GIGANTIC outdoors store complete with every single wild animal tactfully taxedermied for all to see, half of it looked like a museum really, I even tried a target practice game!)
Me and Elle outside the Western store!

And here we are, modeling Cowboy hats!!! (NEVER EVER thought I'd wear one!!)

A classically disturbing take-away from Cabela's

Me, Elle and her man Tony ~ def. a "Good Ol' Boy"



















































The Outside of the barn

Elle and I by a corn field

The last night there, I took them to dinner to the fanciest place in Rogers ... Maynards (lol), did their hair and make-up and Elle borrowed a dress <3
Elle sort of reluctantly took me to their old farm house. I had told the girls that I wanted to go to see where they grew up. It felt important to me because they did spend SO much of their time there, and so did my dad. I wanted to see a glimpse of what HIS life was like. There is a part of me that sort of feels like he tried to take that away by moving so quickly. The girls are upset about the move too, I didn't realize how much. But Elle, tho she was pretty quiet at first, did take me to the house.

We walked about the grounds and she told me where she used to ride her horses and practice barrel runs and their barn. I was very glad and thankful too see.

And before I forget, Minnesota itself is so very pretty. It reminds me a lot of Alberta actually. (and Rogers of Sherwood Park) but the trees are taller.  The ground isn't as flat.  But there are fields and fields of corn and beans (soy and green beans)  There are lots of farms and old buildings, old houses and little corner churches intermixed with large box stores, industrial areas and country roads.

When I had to say goodbye today, it really hit me.  I was leaving two girls who I just absolutely loved.  They are my sisters, true blood. They look like me, we can share our lives ~ I got to spoil them quite a bit. (I don't want to look at my visa bill!!)  and I just love them.  They are two young and beautiful women, each with personalities and talents and passions.

They asked me a couple of times about my favorite part of the visit and quite honestly, I don't even know if I can answer that still ~ each experience with them was precious and I told them, I will be taking them back with me in my heart.

And I am =)
Till Next Blog ~ love a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond