Month recap ...
Apologies!! man, I can't believe almost a whole month has gone by!! Believe me it's not by choice ... there are many times I've stared at the blog and had the words but not the time. it's been a bit of a rough month. I have been STILL fighting sickies and actually this Monday got hit AGAIN w/ a cold/infection -- I only start of with this information cause it's fresh on my mind. I am on antibiotics again, in hopes to quash this bug that has had me (in some form or fashion for a month and a half) between this and allergies, I feel like I don't remember what's it's like to feel fully healthy. bummer!
But I am patient I guess ... I keep on pushing forward. I have also, among the physical stuff, been battling emotional stress (at work and family) and the last, oh, 15 hours or so, this electric anxiety that keeps pricking my insides. I know it's mostly because we have a show tonight at one of the bigger, more important venues in San Diego, and I'm anxious because it's (what I'll call) a "quazi-pay-to-play" ... not outright pay to play (where you basically guarantee the club a couple hundred dollars to perform, which is VERY prevalent here) there was no guarantee expected, but requested, and we haven't sold ANY tickets (which really is almost laughable, but I'm just worried about the impression on the club) so I'm worried about the turnout to the show, almost more than the performance at the show itself (at least I have partial control over that one too, albeit, a bit lax since I AM still sick).
To put everything short, I have felt VERY tested lately. Just very under attack ... physically, emotionally which all boils into spiritually, since all is connected. That's pretty much a quick update from this end. Please keep us in prayer (if you read this in the next wee bit) tonight for sure, but also in the coming days, that we will have health and that this season will begin to turn.
We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary pretty soon ;) (5 years since coming down here) I will write more on that very soon!
Thank you for your faithfulness ~ till next blog!
a.
(PS, I'll leave you with some pictures from our last BIG show, which was Halloween in Ramona, which was spectacular and SUCH a blessing!! Thank you Kristin for these shots!!)
But I am patient I guess ... I keep on pushing forward. I have also, among the physical stuff, been battling emotional stress (at work and family) and the last, oh, 15 hours or so, this electric anxiety that keeps pricking my insides. I know it's mostly because we have a show tonight at one of the bigger, more important venues in San Diego, and I'm anxious because it's (what I'll call) a "quazi-pay-to-play" ... not outright pay to play (where you basically guarantee the club a couple hundred dollars to perform, which is VERY prevalent here) there was no guarantee expected, but requested, and we haven't sold ANY tickets (which really is almost laughable, but I'm just worried about the impression on the club) so I'm worried about the turnout to the show, almost more than the performance at the show itself (at least I have partial control over that one too, albeit, a bit lax since I AM still sick).
To put everything short, I have felt VERY tested lately. Just very under attack ... physically, emotionally which all boils into spiritually, since all is connected. That's pretty much a quick update from this end. Please keep us in prayer (if you read this in the next wee bit) tonight for sure, but also in the coming days, that we will have health and that this season will begin to turn.
We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary pretty soon ;) (5 years since coming down here) I will write more on that very soon!
Thank you for your faithfulness ~ till next blog!
a.
(PS, I'll leave you with some pictures from our last BIG show, which was Halloween in Ramona, which was spectacular and SUCH a blessing!! Thank you Kristin for these shots!!)





Comments