studio
Yesterday (which was Black Friday here in the Almighty America) I spent most quietly at home, with my computer, tidying, cooking and preparing for tracking some vocals for a new song we've been working on at the studio which has become familiar and like family w/ our friend Cedrick at the helm.
There is something very sacred, very "alive" and beautiful about the studio experience for me. There is something great to be said about being creative with your whole being, your whole soul, pouring into the digital world, your breath into sound ~ you are an architect for a moment.
We spent 3 and a bit hours doing just the verses for our new song (called "peace is"), we needed to come back another day for the more aggressive vocals because I am yet still recovering and my voice can only spill out so much, but it was such good time. I share with you this shot, of where I was yesterday night.
The mic is a neumann (pronounced "noy-man") and worth about $2500 (!!) ridiculous! but sounds amazing ... Besides my physical worries with sick and allergies, I do feel like a blessed girl
There is something very sacred, very "alive" and beautiful about the studio experience for me. There is something great to be said about being creative with your whole being, your whole soul, pouring into the digital world, your breath into sound ~ you are an architect for a moment.
We spent 3 and a bit hours doing just the verses for our new song (called "peace is"), we needed to come back another day for the more aggressive vocals because I am yet still recovering and my voice can only spill out so much, but it was such good time. I share with you this shot, of where I was yesterday night.
The mic is a neumann (pronounced "noy-man") and worth about $2500 (!!) ridiculous! but sounds amazing ... Besides my physical worries with sick and allergies, I do feel like a blessed girl
~ God is so good ~ all the time!
Till next blog! love, a.

Comments