Reflections
{Can I just say for the record (completely NOT the content of my blog) I can't stand it when people come into my little crap-tastic office for two and begin a conversation with my co-hort by either a) speaking another language (spanish) or b) speaking in a very low/whisper type voice so as too assume that I cannot hear what they are saying, and really I can't, but still, I'm like 5 feet away ... c'mon people ... just happened at any rate, in case you couldn't tell, haha ... onto the blog}
Reflections can be what you see in a mirror, a lake or other body of water, maybe a piece of "shiny something" ...and being the beginning of this year, 2012, it's time to do some reflecting, and also some "future gazing" ... it's a good day for that as I got my first, "call back" interview with a company I had met with before Christmas. -- I can now confirm, I am completely disengaged with the whole JC machine. In reality I am just waiting for this thing to capsize. I am in awe and disgust at our leadership team (well, parts of them) ... I know there are people here who really do care, who really want to change lives for the better, but over and over I just feel the weight of a company (no pun intended) making bad business decisions, management that truly doesn't care, that is disengaged with it's workforce and its' clients ... oh Corporate America, I hope there is an end in sight for you! Some people really should take a good look at themselves in the mirror, the sad thing is, when you get to companies of this size, "the people" do not have a voice anymore (at least that's what I've witnessed) So, this company that I am interviewing with is a lot smaller (thank the Lord!) it's weird, I really do hope that my "hunch" feelings are correct, because even when I got wind of my first interview, I felt this odd bit of excitement inside. They are a private company of about 55 people making artisan glasstile, and the whole vibe of the group just feels SO GOOD! ~ I won't give any other details incase I don't get the job (I will be SO bummed!!) but they really seem to care about people, the environment, each other. The HR manager interviewed me in flip flops and jeans (!!) love it! these are my people =) lol ...
so, Back to the mirror, looking back on 2011 it was extremely eventful, with the band and family and other things, and I can only hope that 2012 will be more so. I am in waiting and preparing for the band, any developments there, a new job, which will only be a matter of time, maybe some other things in store on the family front, (maybe my dad will come around, maybe he won't and that wound will plow deeper) . We are starting a recording project with our worship team, which i am really excited about, and I also think I may begin to try to do a solo worship project, just kind of for me ... to get all my ideas out and down ... I just feel so thankful, so thankful and blessed to be taken care of by the Almighty God.
I will leave you with this ~ as you know (or may not) our latest company spokesperson is the great MC and this week her people sent these incredibly MASSIVE bouquets of flowers (roses, orchids, peonies, to name a few) in these giant vases, which must be at least 2 to 3 feet high. They also sent 2 bottles of Cristal Champagne with. Our leadership is out at a conference this week and so these bouquets have been sitting downstairs. And sitting, and sitting.
The bottles of Champagne were picked up the same day to get to their respective peeps, but there the flowers sit. Today, they are getting browned on the edges, how quickly their beauty fades ... these bouquets of luscious petals gone in a matter of days. I made a comment to our receptionist today who informed me that our fearless leader doesn't like flowers, so they don't know what to do with them (!!) can you stand it? Here sits flowers that prob. cost as much as my rent x2, and there they sit because someone doesn't want to (or maybe can't) appreciate beauty.
So, I took a rose to put on my desk, just to stick it to the man a bit ;)
Till Next blog ~ love .a.

Comments