Believe...

Sometimes you find God in the strangest places ... actually, I think you find Him more in the strange places than the ordinary.

Yesterday night I found Him in the Doll Hut, a classic tiny-as-a-tart rockabilly/punk/alternative club just one exit North of Disneyland.

We were playing a Thursday night show at this place, we had never heard of, but it's pretty well known, a little bar (I'm not exaggerating about the little, it's small) right off the freeway but down this weird service road that looks like it goes no where.  Some huge names have played the Doll Hut in history; Tool, Green Day, Brian Setzer and No Doubt have apparently all graced the stage.

We arrived a bit too early (my fault) and just hung out, set up and chatted with our regular 5 people who come to our shows (Kristin, John's beautiful wife and our ever lovely photographer, Mike's girl at the time, and a couple freinds) and we were seriously preparing to play to the usual cameras and couple peeps and be done with it. 

I visited the restroom (pictured above) which was sticker'd up and graffiti'd like the rest of the walls in the venue and was surprised a bit to see the blaring "Believe" scrawled on the mirror in obnoxious yellow paint.  Of course, it means something different to me than to the next person, but for me, it was a direct hit.  Not only from a Christian sense (obvious) but also, for our dreams, my dreams of our music, why we were there, it was like a kiss from God.

Then, a small miracle happened.

About 10 mins before we were going to start playing a huge Tour/Party Bus pulled up outside.  It contained the next band and 35 of their closest friends who were celebrating a couple birthday's and thought it would be fun to come watch their buds play the Doll Hut.  So we ended up playing to a packed (and slightly lit) house.  It was a really, really cool experience.

And God just keeps saying, Believe.

Maybe it's not just faith in God that He seeks from our hearts, but also faith that He listens and shares our dreams and loves us so very much, that He would pack a small club on a Thursday night just to encourage your heart.

I Believe He would.

Till Next Blog!!
Love, a.

PS., day 5 of the Daniel Fast still going strong, I did have a headache the first day, no doubt from lack of caffeine, but now have sort of settled in =) my first answered prayer is above, I did ask yesterday that we would be able to play for somebody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond