Happy Easter Weekend!


And so closes the Easter Weekend for us.  It's been a crazy busy one really. And it's strange because here in the states, Easter really isn't that big of a deal. It's recognized as a "religious holiday" and nothing more. There are no extra days' off. No big deal about family or meals really ... lots of talk of chocolate, bunnies and the like, but it's def. different.  Sometimes it's hard to feel and remember the meaning that it holds for me, since everything really feels very "the same".

@ the Doll Hut, setting up, John snapped this pic.
On Good Friday I worked, and then sang at an "all church' worship night for our church plant. (So, parent church, our church and another, inner city church from Oceanside gathered, worshiped, had communion and that was Friday).  It was cool for me, I got to play piano for one song (scary!!) but I did it, and Jay came. Usually he is right up there with me, but this I did w/ one of the other leaders from the other church and it was alright.  I would like to think Jay was proud of me ;) lol

Saturday was of course the chill day, and I did my usual phone date w/ mom and relax, clean home and go to the farmers' Market, but the night was anything but the usual (or maybe it will be the usual soon enough?). We played a show at the Doll Hut in Anaheim, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite venues to play. It's just got this great grungy post punky feel and there is always a crowd (if be it small, the venue is so tiny that even 25 people feels like a packed house). It was a good show, but I admit, I am still feeling the need to improve my stage show.  I don't want to give to much of myself away but at the same time, I think I need to let the audience "in" a bit more ... in a controlled way ... like a fine storyteller sets the scene but gives you just a small glimpse of where the words are coming from.
Easter Morning, just finished set up.

and this morning was Easter.  It was a long day for us ... out the door before 7 a.m., we set up church in the park beside our church building and had the service, along with other community events outside. There were a couple unexpected hiccups with the sound and set up (without going into crazy detail, we did not even HAVE sound till about 10 mins after service was supposed to start.) but we pulled it off, and spent some good time with our team, and then went home. Tired, spent, but content.

These two gorgeous girls sing with me on Sunday =) <3 them!
I look forward to this week =)  I do not know all it will hold, but my freelance is at present completely caught up, so I'm going to enjoy this down time of sorts...I feel at peace, for once, it feels very good. God is Good ... I'm so thankful for Easter.

Till Next Blog ~ love, a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Hope and Beyond