Last Night

The walls are bare, the floors empty, just us and the mattress, the couch, piano and table are left in our little home here on Ocean Street. Today was a MASS moving day (more than I thought) with Jay taking a pretty full brunt of it (and a sunburn to show for it) ~ we had soooo many boxes and stuff, but all got transferred over to the house today and I spent the next couple hours trying to get my kitchen in somewhat of a state before coming home ... which now I guess isn't really home, it's just walls and a bed, a change of clothes hanging in the closet. I'm going for my last "intimate" beach run tomorrow a.m. ... I say "intimate" since, we will obviously still be living within distance to the beach, tho it be driving. It will be the last time i can walk the sidewalk (carefully) with bare feet, to the ocean sand and run to Tamarack and back. In fact, if we do drive to the beach to run, it may be from Tamarack to THIS beach ... or maybe somewhere totally different. Words can't even describe how simply wonderful living here was. How beautiful the ocean is when you see it from your windows. When you can run to it's shores whenever you wish. It's like you get to know it. When it's angry and swelled from the winter rains and storms, all churned up, dark and fierce. To when it's glassy and calm, reflecting the sky and light so that it's surface appears almost iridescent, sacred ... I have seen so much nature, seen the face of God here. More than anywhere else felt His presence, His peace. I think He gave me this time here. Like a real Father-Daughter dance, letting me know that I always had the ocean planted in my heart, and these last, almost five years, were catch-up for a life-time away from it's expanse. Now we have a new home, a new peace to experience ... I'm prob. going to cry (truthfully, I can feel the tears a bit just reading this back), but when I get to our new little house, I know it will fade away =) Till Next Blog (which will be in the new residence!) Love, a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010