Some poetry for Friday ...
It's day 6 of my Daniel Fast, round three =) So far it's been pretty (dare I say) easy ... I have not struggled with food cravings really at all (though I have been offered chocolate, candy, coffee AND today at JC they are having a Mexican Buffet) and I didn't even experience a caffeine headache when I stopped drinking coffee, which, if you know me, is almost a miracle! (thank you LORD!) But one thing I HAVE noticed is I am praying more, AND when I read the word of God, it lights up like a firecracker -- which is awesome, and hasn't happened for me for some time. So, during my fast, I am praying about a couple things, I am lifting my brother Dylan and Mom, I am praying about our music, direction and also that God would give me words because we want to write a whole new album (side note we are actually working on the acoustic album from our release in DEC!! I know, ti's been a while, so that's super exciting) and pretty much all else that comes to mind =) I have to say, I feel really good, really joyful, at peace and content, and at the same time -- there is a yearning to understand our Living God, and HIS message more ...
Dear Lord, open my spiritual eyes, that I might know you more, understand your salvation, the obedience you desire, and may I try my utmost, for you my highest -- to lift you above EVERYTHING that pulls me away, pulls these eyes away from seeing you, and keep me in your care, surrendered to your Spirit and living your truth, so that in the end, I will hear your voice, and see your face, for eternity.
-------------------------------
I am so glad
to keep my eyes on the prize
hide from their lies
like their loving their lives
it's a vast wasteland
of steel gardens and sand
they don't lend you a hand
it's not what I've planned
it's a gradual decline
of the most deceitful kind
whispers sound just fine
while teeth sink into your spine
but I'm not a machine
even not what I seem
I'm trying to stay clean
in a world that breeds obscene
All this glitter an flash
shiney metal and cash
it won't last, it won't last
just a drip in the bath
I dont' want to wake up
not knowing my name
hearing people scream in pain
as the fire is lit again
I don't want to wake up
in a hole far away
my mouth full but nothing to say
it doesn't have to be this way
So set my heart steel clad
against all the world holds
and it's sad
how many don't know
we can't count all the souls
Set my heart towards you
towards life towards truth
then when my body comes unglued
I can fly straight to you
Dear Lord, open my spiritual eyes, that I might know you more, understand your salvation, the obedience you desire, and may I try my utmost, for you my highest -- to lift you above EVERYTHING that pulls me away, pulls these eyes away from seeing you, and keep me in your care, surrendered to your Spirit and living your truth, so that in the end, I will hear your voice, and see your face, for eternity.
-------------------------------
I am so glad
to keep my eyes on the prize
hide from their lies
like their loving their lives
it's a vast wasteland
of steel gardens and sand
they don't lend you a hand
it's not what I've planned
it's a gradual decline
of the most deceitful kind
whispers sound just fine
while teeth sink into your spine
but I'm not a machine
even not what I seem
I'm trying to stay clean
in a world that breeds obscene
All this glitter an flash
shiney metal and cash
it won't last, it won't last
just a drip in the bath
I dont' want to wake up
not knowing my name
hearing people scream in pain
as the fire is lit again
I don't want to wake up
in a hole far away
my mouth full but nothing to say
it doesn't have to be this way
So set my heart steel clad
against all the world holds
and it's sad
how many don't know
we can't count all the souls
Set my heart towards you
towards life towards truth
then when my body comes unglued
I can fly straight to you
Comments