Life through the looking glass ...
![]() |
| At our first Christmas Party of the Season. |
It's been a whirl of a last couple months. The accident of October has catapulted the Huzil's into not one, but (as of today infact) TWO new cars ... one little green "munster" (my primary ride) a 2013 Kia Soul, and a 2008 Infinity G35 S for Jay. We just signed the papers on that puppy this afternoon. It might seem like a strange move from the outside, since Jay loved the Subaru so very much, but I think we both could agree, after the accident, the car just sort of lost a bit of it's lustre ... it carries bad memories now and it just seemed to make sense to sell it now and try to get the most for it on trade, then continue to pay enormous car payments and have a "tainted" car.
Seems that we've signed so many papers this year it doesn't even phase me anymore. Between the condo, and now two cars, I'm all signed out. The good news is the Infinity is classy, sporty AND will afford us about $300 less a month in car payments ... a blessing.
We had an amazing time in Hawaii (at the end of October, and ofcourse an AMAZING time at Keely's wedding) and I think it's safe to say that we will be going back at least next year at some point ... the island gives you something that I don't think could be found anywhere else really. A sense of exotic but relaxing wonder, beauty and freedom. Can't say I am fond of the plane ride over the ocean for 6 hrs, but what else would you do to travel to paradise on earth?
![]() |
| Jay and I on the red carpet at the HMMA's |
Which brings me to an update on the music front. We are in writing and pre-production (fancy word) for the second album, but I am sensing within myself more and more, that this next album, tho it may be traditional Sweeteverafter, may be more of a 'soul journey' for me, as I work out all the muck and grime that has come from my Father (and lack of). There is a lot of hurt for me in that situation, I am beginning to embrace. But also a lot of songs, and each time something happens, I write a song ... so more and more, I think I want the next album to be My Father's Songs. Literally. Please be praying for me and for that. I feel like I'm beginning to feel a bit obsessed with telling my story. I want it to be real ... but maybe I just want it to be real, because my Dad isn't letting it be real to him, in a weird round a bout way. Maybe these songs are all I have.
I will write again soon ~ I miss it too much ... Till next Blog
love, a.


Comments