DIVE day 3

Remember I was talking about our journal covers? Here is mine =)
wow, I don't even really know exactly where to begin for today.  And just as an aside, all of us DIVE girls went out for dinner tonight (we officially broke our fast for the day at In-In-Out Burgers, several of the girls had never been, it was a super treat!). During dinner we were talking about how it seems like we've been here, literally, a LONG time, it feels like soooo much longer than the three short days it's been ... God is SO amazing, He is literally rocking my socks off ... so much healing going on. 

Today was our fasting, prayer and prophecy day. Our task; to fast from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and during that time, worship, seek God and ask for words for the girls in our group (8 in all). The catch was, each girl was just a number on a page (so we didn't know who was which number) which ALSO meant that you would have a word for YOURSELF (you follow).

Again, this is all VERY new to me ... and I am just beginning to realize how God speaks to me, to others ... encouragement, promises, healings, it's really very amazing. 

So we began the day with worship, a full hour and a half, which seemed to go by very quickly. And then it was seeking time. I spent my couple hours walking a path beside this creek, in the Texas winter brush (which is pretty much just brown and dead) ... I would see something that caught my eyes ... then a phrase would come to mind and I would ask God which number it was for, He would tell me and I would record it.

I know, it sounds kind of nuts ... but I'm telling you, I'm seeing God work. And when we gathered together afterwards, Rita and a couple of the interns at DIVE read each of the words over us, it was simply astounding ... I'm going to save mine for a later blog post because I am absolutely wiped, BUT I want to record what Rita told me, after they read mine.

Alot of mine had to do with "moving on" "stop watering the thorn bush" and being loved.  This was significant to me because I immediately thought of my Dad, of this whole last year, and how painful the rejection was and is for me. But I can clearly see that God is gently trying to heal my broken heart and I need to begin to move on. It doesn't mean that I forget what I went through, or never share it because "we have overcome, by the blood of the lamb, and the WORDS of our testimony" ... so I feel that my heart is being coaxed that way.

One of the coolest things I saw on my walk today ... a group of turtles, sunning themselves =)
Anyways, some things Rita said to me, most importantly, that was I going to be o.k. if I was "grafted in" (as opposed to having a dad) because I know I will never have that experience, so was I going to be o.k. just knowing God as my Father ... and knowing Him NOW and forever that way ... honestly, in my being at the time, I didn't want to, I still was aching (am aching) for the dad I never had ... but I feel there will be a shift. She also said that it was o.k. to dream for myself ... which made me smile. She said that she felt there was something big coming, like the wave coming towards the shoreline. I don't know what that is exactly, but she also told me that it's o.k. for me to ask God for things, because He's my father, and like scripture says, he gives good gifts.

I think that's all I can think of for now ... Tomorrow begins the actual songwriting and technical training, which will be soooo awesome =) I can hardly wait.

My heart is full to over flowing
I can see the way
His spirit catches me closer
each and every day

He moves among the
thorns in my heart
He gently leads the way
Breaking off the dark and the death
dawning my new day

Till Next Blog ~ love, a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010