Into the yet-to-be-known

The unknown can be scary.

This we know ... I'm the worst for the wear.  Pretty much worried and scared about everything that I cannot control or know as much about beforehand ... I'm a planner, and then a procrastinator (I know, kind of bipolar) but it's true ... anyways, all this to say that this morning I was nudged with fear about my upcoming trip to Dallas for Rita Springers' DIVE School.

Don't get me wrong, I have been looking so much forward to this experience, and God's hand has been SO much over this whole thing, from beginning to end, that really it's silly for me to feel apprehensive about any aspect of this experience.

But I got this email this morning from Rita herself (she plans and administers the whole thing) with some more details regarding the trip and right near then end she mentions this:
"We will have one fasting day to hear from God so if you have fasting issues let me know."

Now, I don't think I have fasting issues ... I've fasted before ... I've done the Daniel Fast three times now ... I've fasted a meal, I've even fasted from shopping ... but for some reason, as I read that today, I got a bit scared. I think because fasting seems so serious, it's a really amazing spiritual discipline, and I realized that this next week is going to be amazing, but also serious.

I mean, I knew it was, but fasting seems to bring it to a whole other level of spiritual seeking.

I have been praying with friends about this coming week and praying by myself, and my church I think has been praying too, and just what will come of this, I don't know, but to be truthful to myself, I am so very joyfully excited, and at the same time scared.

Because I know I will not come back the same. I know I will be changed, for better, challenged by God and prob. very inspired and amazed by what He will do in me.

I'm so grateful that I am not alone! Thank you for joining me on this journey!

Till Next Blog! love, a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010