13 is my luckiest number

For someone who is born on Friday the 13th, the number 13 doesn't faze me. 

Yesterday Jay and I celebrated our Anniversary, 13 years of marriage in San Diego.  I have to admit, I had THEE most amazing weekend in a very long while, so if this year is any indication for the coming year, we are off to a great start.

I started Friday w/ a dinner date w/ my amazing and beautiful friend Laura and Hartly at this cute restaurant in La Jolla, and spent Saturday taking pictures of a friends bridal "shower" (which, wasn't really a shower, more of a hike of sorts through Torrey Pines park and ending w/ a great lunch on the beach). (which, I realize doesn't have anything to do w/ Jay and I, but it was a great time and added to my joy!)

Sunday Jay and I took off of church and just simply hung out ... we toured our old stompin' ground, Ocean street apartments, which by the way, they are tearing down now to build ... just think, one year ago we were moving out ... just a testament to the timing and grace of God!!! You should see the place. I mean, I know it was run-down before, but at least someone was taking care of it. Now it looks run down, rust in the pool, weeds all over the garden, it made me sad but so thankful that God pulled us out and placed us in such a wonderful little home of our own!

We had a late lunch and then headed to San Diego, went to Sunset cliffs park and did a bit of tide-pooling, then just back the our little hotel we had arranged for the night. I wanted to be close to Mission Bay because we were set to go on a whale watching tour the next morning (!!!) We had a great dinner that night and ended up in the Hotel Bar chatting w/ guests (it was pretty dead) and I played their piano there for at least an hour!  I ended up with an audience, tips and one sailor there told me that it was the best part of his night (!!) encouragement or what?!  I just felt so blessed and it just goes to show that God can work ANY where you are, even through your weakness.

Our whale watching excursion was also AMAZING!! We saw three whales all together, a momma and a baby who were heading north for migration and a Blue Whale (which is the largest animal on the planet!) we saw dolphins and seals too ... but the whales were so majestic, and the amount of life that's out there in what looks like no-mans-land is really astounding. AND we didn't even get sea-sick (till about 20 mins towards the end, I was starting to get queasy ...) we did bring home a fantastic sunburn tho ... both Jay and I look like we've been blow-torched in the face, lol ...

And, so to cap off our wedding weekend extravaganza, we came home with a couple new additions to the Huzil Family ;)  Meet, Sunshine (or Sunny) and little blue ... our two new lovebirds ;) We've been thinking of getting birds for a while and finally took the plunge yesterday, they are SO sweet (and noisy) but lovely all at the same time, and I want to tame them enough that we can let them fly around our home and hold them and stuff, I guess they can do that kind of thing. Jay's had birds before and loved them, so this is my first time, but i think I will get quite the hang of it in no time =)

So, all in all, a wonderful anniversary and a great kick into the coming year. I am so thankful! Till Next Blog! love, a.



Comments

Murray said…
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010