If You Ever Doubt that God Speaks
I had one of those "mind-blown" moments this morning during my quiet time ... it's def. a blog kind of day.
Truthfully I haven't felt moved to write, and when I did, life got in the way and my inspiration waned ... but not today. No today, I asked God to wake me up, and He did!
I was really tired this morning.
I had set my alarm to 5 a.m. because it's gives me enough time to read, write and pray before I work out and start the day, but it's hard to get up that early (no kidding right) and I was nursing an "all-day headache" from the day before so felt kind of entitled to sleep in.
When my fuzzy eyes focused on the page this morning at 5:45 I literally wrote, "I'm tired today Lord, please wake me up".
I'm reading Micah right now, and it has one of my favorite verses in it from 6:8 (there is so much meat in this book tho so it's cool to read it in context). So, I read chapters 6 and 7, and began to paraphrase and journal it into a song of sorts — it's how my writing is beginning to evolve ... I try to re-write in poem form stuff that resonates — so that's what I was doing and at the end of it all, I prayed.
I prayed through Micah 6:8 which states:
On the Saturday during the retreat, I had challenged the ladies to go and pray over a "card" I had given them with a number on it. The number was one of the ladies at the retreat, they were to seek and ask the Lord to speak to them, whether a word of knowledge or a scripture and write it for the lady, but they didn't know who it was. It was a variation on a Prophetic exercise we had done at DIVE in January. I also gave them the index cards, to record other verses, words of encouragement they felt they wanted to share directly with others. So over the weekend ladies received these cards and on Saturday evening I let everyone know that the lady they were praying over, seeking words for etc. was really themselves.
I think some were a bit disappointed, but I believe that God spoke just as He would. It's amazing what the Spirit does when you open yourself to His leading.
Anyways, back to these note cards. I had received three cards over the weekend. And it was these that I had just found again in my journal this morning. I picked the group up and flipped them over. The card at the top now sat staring me in the face.
"Amy
Micah 6:8 ..."
Mind Blown
I almost started laughing and crying at the same time. The rest of the card, which is anonymous, extrapolated on the verse, and it's role in my life, but the very fact that I had just read, AND PRAYED this verse this morning, wrote about it, recorded it and now was receiving words from someone else — the Lord — through it, kind of made my week.
He speaks, people!!!
The very fact that in time, I would be reading along through the bible, and today of all days I would read Micah 6 & 7 and meditate on them, and then find those cards, THAT card, TODAY. It's confirmation for something bigger in my life, but also shows the power and speaks to the purpose that our creator places in us all.
We are to be encouragers. To walk in love. To live by His Spirit. And what He will use us for if we are daring enough to use our voice ... Let us know what He's called us too! Seek justice, love mercy and walk humbly with our God.
Till Next Blog ~ love a.
Truthfully I haven't felt moved to write, and when I did, life got in the way and my inspiration waned ... but not today. No today, I asked God to wake me up, and He did!
I was really tired this morning.
I had set my alarm to 5 a.m. because it's gives me enough time to read, write and pray before I work out and start the day, but it's hard to get up that early (no kidding right) and I was nursing an "all-day headache" from the day before so felt kind of entitled to sleep in.
When my fuzzy eyes focused on the page this morning at 5:45 I literally wrote, "I'm tired today Lord, please wake me up".
I'm reading Micah right now, and it has one of my favorite verses in it from 6:8 (there is so much meat in this book tho so it's cool to read it in context). So, I read chapters 6 and 7, and began to paraphrase and journal it into a song of sorts — it's how my writing is beginning to evolve ... I try to re-write in poem form stuff that resonates — so that's what I was doing and at the end of it all, I prayed.
I prayed through Micah 6:8 which states:
I prayed that today, everyday, I would seek justice, love kindness (mercy) and walk humbly with God ... and as I finished, I was getting ready to close my journal and I just happened to flip the pages back (I'm right in the front, but for some reason I gathered a bunch of pages, maybe to see how many where there, I don't know) but the pages fell open to three cards which were stuffed about 3/4 of the way back in the journal. They were just index cards, and I couldn't see what they said yet, because the one at the top was blank on the back, but I remmbered then that they were the cards that we had given at the women's retreat back in Sept. (actually one month ago now!).8 He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
On the Saturday during the retreat, I had challenged the ladies to go and pray over a "card" I had given them with a number on it. The number was one of the ladies at the retreat, they were to seek and ask the Lord to speak to them, whether a word of knowledge or a scripture and write it for the lady, but they didn't know who it was. It was a variation on a Prophetic exercise we had done at DIVE in January. I also gave them the index cards, to record other verses, words of encouragement they felt they wanted to share directly with others. So over the weekend ladies received these cards and on Saturday evening I let everyone know that the lady they were praying over, seeking words for etc. was really themselves.
I think some were a bit disappointed, but I believe that God spoke just as He would. It's amazing what the Spirit does when you open yourself to His leading.
Anyways, back to these note cards. I had received three cards over the weekend. And it was these that I had just found again in my journal this morning. I picked the group up and flipped them over. The card at the top now sat staring me in the face.
"Amy
Micah 6:8 ..."
Mind Blown
I almost started laughing and crying at the same time. The rest of the card, which is anonymous, extrapolated on the verse, and it's role in my life, but the very fact that I had just read, AND PRAYED this verse this morning, wrote about it, recorded it and now was receiving words from someone else — the Lord — through it, kind of made my week.
He speaks, people!!!
The very fact that in time, I would be reading along through the bible, and today of all days I would read Micah 6 & 7 and meditate on them, and then find those cards, THAT card, TODAY. It's confirmation for something bigger in my life, but also shows the power and speaks to the purpose that our creator places in us all.
We are to be encouragers. To walk in love. To live by His Spirit. And what He will use us for if we are daring enough to use our voice ... Let us know what He's called us too! Seek justice, love mercy and walk humbly with our God.
Till Next Blog ~ love a.
Comments