Meet Max

Max enjoying the foam from Jay's latté
I know, I know, we've become "those" crazy bird people.

Yes, 2013 seems to have been the year of the birds for the Huzil's.  Our little family "flock" has been growing, and growing and our little home is now full of noise, food and poop. It's almost like having real kids. (Although we all know I can't speak completely to this, since we have no kids).

I wanted to introduce you to Max (Maxamillion) Our latest—and prob. last ... hopefully last!— addition to the family.

Max is a green cheek conure, a small parrot from South America.  He's quite a handful, and WAY more demanding than our little lovies, Sunny, Baby, Oscar and Sweetpea. But he's also, way more interactive, intelligent, and completely hand trained. He is pretty close to having a real little person.

He's messy yes, NOT noisy at all (compared to the lovies, really! They can make your ears ring) and demands your attention.  But he's also adorable, loves neck scratches and raspberries and sitting on your shoulder, hitching rides through the house. He's also somewhat "potty trained".  And if we can catch him in time, can poop where you want him too ... not where he shouldn't ;)

Bringing Max home was actually my choice.  He caught my eye at our neighborhood pet store, when I would go in to get bird seed for the lovebirds and he and I began a bit of a little friendship. After a couple visits I named him (prob. my first happy mistake!) and finally about 3 months later, we finally decided to bring him home.

I would like to think it's meant to be. For we found out that during the time that I'd go see him, some lady actually bought him and returned him in less than a week =( Seems that he was too much of a handful (and he def. IS) for the owner.

So, here continues our adventure in "Parrot-hood". He is a handful, but one that I'm glad to take on =) We've given him a home, and extra love(birds!).

Till Next Blog!

love, a.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010