My New Job

So many of you know I have started a new job as of almost one month ago (YAY!!!) finally away from the old JC, I am now at a renowned animal center here in San Diego County, now known as HWAC ;) ... at first things were a little tough, but I'm one month in, getting used to the commutte (45 mins one way!) and starting to feel a bit more like I'm home.

This last weekend, which seemed like a whirlwind in itself really, began with a show at a a cafe downtown SD called "Cafe 21" ... an upscale (and dare I say, Hipster) location. We were the entertainment for the night and pumped out a steady stream of originals (HUGE blessing) and instrumental music ... the event was interesting because we were part of the entourage of a ministry called Love On San Diego, which is headed by a couple people who love the Lord very much, and desire to bring the Love of Jesus into the gaslamp district, and that whole community. They basically take over a restaurant, anonymously paying peoples tabs (or not so anonymously as we discovered). I guess right now they're making a video of what they're doing, and we'll be a part of it (!!) I'll def. post it when it's ready ... I really wanted to be a part of the night tho, more for a man named Martin Neil, an english musician that we've met and played quite a bit with these last couple months.  He and his wife, I think even as I type these words, are on their way BACK to England, so it was the last time we would see him and play with him, for a while.

I cannot even begin to describe what a blessing this guy is to my life. Besides the fact he's British and prob. around the same age as my dad, it's suffice to say he reminds me of him ... and I really feel like the Lord gives me certain men in my life to remind me that He knows my heart, and wants to bless me with a patchwork of "father-figures". it kind of sounds lame I guess, but at the same time, it's utterly beautiful to me.  That and his wife, Becca is just the most beautiful, loving soul. Love just oozes out of her at every moment, but they're both cheeky like Brits, which makes it even all the more better.

Anyways, I do feel blessed to have known them, and I'm thankful and hopeful to say that we WILL be doing music in the future again.

Sunday was capped off with my first event at my new job (since we do a lot because we're non-profit, so have many events), I had to work it, which at first I was kind of bummed about since usually Sunday is a church and music day, but this was worth it =)  Every year they hold a Dog Surfing Competition in Del Mar, need I say more?  I wanted to leave you with a selection of shots that I took =) you will understand in a heart beat why this day was amazing ... and extremely tiring!! but good (and yes, I did get a bit sunburt).

Till Next Blog,

love, a.






















Comments

Murray said…
Great to read your post again!

Popular posts from this blog

Hope and Beyond

If I ever wondered if HE loved me

Studio Feb 13th . 2010