South Carolina 2026 - Day One - Getting there
wow, it's been a while.
I thought I might try writing at this "address" for this trip. I need somewhere to journal and write down experiences and feelings and all the things.
What is this trip you may ask?
Well, a lot has changed in my life since my last post, feels like life-times really. Lots of therapy, lots of self discovery, lots of praying and journeying and finding myself ... all of this has brought me here.
I am currently tucked away in a bed at my friend Stephs' sisters' home in South Carolina. Tomorrow I drive my rental car (a new jeep) west to spend a week wtih my dad (yes). It's his birthday on July 8th.
I decided in October of 2025 to finally make the trip to come visit him. It was an incredibly hard, but also an incredibly amazing trip. Lots of healing, lots of crying, it was everything I could have hoped for. Deeply moving, deeply life-changing. And when I was leaving, I knew in my heart, I would be back.
So, here I am, less than one year later, making another trip. This time I got to fly private with Steph, because she was randomly visiting her family at the same time and had always told me if I "ever wanted to
hop on the jet with her", I am more than welcome.
Well, I did.
It was still a long travel day and we arrived in Charlotte around 8 p.m EST. Stepping out of the plan felt like stepping into a freakin' sauna. It was stormy. The sky is huge here. We had to fly around a thunderstorm.
I made it to her sister's home around 9 p.m. after getting my car in all. and so now, here I am.
I don't know what will be in store for me this visit. I anticipate much of the same. Super muggy weather, a true South Carolina summer. I want to find out more about my dad, and I'm sure I will find out more about myself. I am trying not to have any expectations. I need to let the Lord Father me first. He can give me what I need, perhaps I just need to ask him. I ask him now.
Lord, give me what i need, my father to this daughter. Lord, hold me and drive with me and love me as I need to be loved. Even this trip in itself is you loving me. Help me to rest in that Lord.
I will write again.
a.

Comments